If your scale is showing an Er 1, Er 4, or bAtt error code, this means that its batteries likely need to be replaced.
There are a few steps you can try:
- If you are seeing the Er 4 code, make sure that it is paired with the bAtt, not CELL, message.
- If the message you see is Er 4 plus CELL, please Click Here.
- Replace the batteries on your scale.
- The scale manufacturer has indicated that Duracell batteries work best.
- Batteries must be new and unexpired.
- Make sure that the battery compartment is clean.
- If the scale still shows the error after replacing the batteries, trying gently cleaning out the battery compartment and making sure that no foreign particles are blocking the contact terminals.
- Check that the batteries are inserted correctly.
- Batteries must be inserted fully. Check that each one is fully pressed into its slot.
- Batteries must alternate direction according to the picture inside the battery compartment.
- If you have tried all 4 steps and your scale is still showing the Er 1 or Er 4 error code, please Submit a Support Request indicating the scale issue you are experiencing as well as all steps that have been tried.