If your scale is showing an Er 3 or Old error code, please note that our scales are rated to weigh up to 440 lbs. If you are over 440 lbs, you will not be able to use the BodyTrace scale.
If you are under 440 lbs, then there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:
- Make sure your scale has all 4 feet on a flat surface.
- The scale will not work on carpet, and may show incorrect weights if any of the feet are not level. This can occur on uneven floors including tile.
- Ensure that the scale has not been moved for 60 minutes prior to weigh in.
- Your scale will automatically "tare" every 60 minutes. If it is does not "tare" correctly, the scale may be 4.4 lbs off, which is the weight of the scale.
- For this reason, the scale must be stored horizontally where it will be used, with nothing sitting on top of it.
- During weigh in, remain centered and still.
- Moving around during weigh in can cause an incorrect reading.
- Reset your scale:
- Remove one battery for a few minutes.
- Reinsert the battery.
- Place the scale onto a flat surface.
- Weigh in.
- Replace the batteries on your scale.
- The scale manufacturer has indicated that Duracell batteries work best.
- Batteries must be new and unexpired.
- If you have tried all 5 steps and your scale is still showing the Er 3 error code, please Submit a Support Request indicating the scale issue you are experiencing as well as all steps that have been tried.